- Topical treatment for the scalp
- Effective for treating dry, scaly skin
- Reduces inflammation
- Genuine medication
- All drugs sourced in the UK
Betacap Solution is a scalp application containing Betamethasone Valerate, a topical corticosteroid, as an active ingredient. It is used for reducing inflammation of the skin.
What is Betacap Solution?
Betacap Solution is a clear and colorless chemical compound with 0.1 % Betamethasone Valerate content.
This product is available in 100ml plastic bottles, supplied with a specially designed nozzle applicator for convenient direct application to the scalp. It is a medium-strength type of medication that belongs to a class called a corticosteroid, which reduces inflammation of the skin. The solution is applied in the scalp to treat skin irritation such as psoriasis and eczema. When the skin is inflamed, it causes the blood vessels to widen resulting in itchiness and redness which is often observed in skin conditions like dermatitis and eczema. Betacap is a fast and potent solution that’s why is often prescribed by a doctor for the treatment of inflammatory disorders of the skin.
This product is also an antiseptic and topical emollient, which helps the scalp moisturize and prevents from being dry and itchy. It is safe and suitable for adults and children over 1 year old.
How does Betacap Solution work?
When skin is irritated, the immune system reacts and releases chemicals that would cause skin inflammation leading to itchiness, redness, and swelling. Betacap Solution works by preventing the release of these chemicals in the skin cell and reduce the skin irritation.
What are the benefits of Betacap Solution?
Patients with skin irritation experience discomfort and anxiety. Depending on its severity, it can also affect the psychological state when the physical disorder is not treated. Betacap Solution can save the day. It is most beneficial for patients who have symptoms of eczema and psoriasis such as skin redness, itching, and swelling.
How do I use Betacap Solution?
Betacap Solution is applied on the scalp or skin only. However, don’t use it on the face, groin, or underarms unless your doctor prescribed it. It should not be swallowed nor taken orally. It is for external use only.
The solution is applied 3 times daily.
- Before applying it on the scalp, make sure that your hands are clean.
- Clean and dry the affected area.
- Apply a small amount of the solution on the affected area and gently massage the scalp for quick absorption.
- Once applied, leave the skin unwrapped or uncovered unless directed by your physician.
Things to avoid:
- If you are using it in the diaper area of a baby, do not use a skintight diaper or non-cotton pants or clothes.
- Avoid getting the product in the eyes, nose, and mouth. If it did, rinse it with water thoroughly.
- Do not apply the product longer, and more frequently than prescribed. You should see your doctor after 2 weeks to check your progress and if your skin gets better or not.
- Do not use it if you’re breastfeeding or pregnant to avoid risk towards the baby.
- Do not use the solutions near flames or sources of heat. The Betacap Solution is an alcohol-based medication that easily ignites due to its flammable substance.
What is the proper Betacap Solution dosage?
Betacap Solution scalp application is typically prescribed twice a day. Application gradually reduces to once a day when improvements are observed in your skin condition. However, if the condition did not improve after two to four weeks of treatment, you should consult with your doctor for a higher dosage or other courses of treatment.
Regular application is important to get the maximum benefit of this product. However, if you forget to apply your dose, use it as soon as you remember, but if it’s already close to the time of the next application, just skip the application you missed and apply on your regular time as you normally do. Do not apply twice to make up for the application that you missed. This may increase the chance of you getting unwanted side effects. Set a recurring alarm to avoid forgetting your time of application.
What are the side effects of Betacap Solution?
We all have a different response to medication. Although not everybody experiences side effects, other people don’t. But like any other medicines, Betacap has side effects though in rare conditions such as:
- Allergies leading to skin irritation. If this happens, although this is rare, stop using the product and consult a doctor.
- A pustular form of a disease may occur, it’s like a small blister in the skin that has fluid or pus. This is rare when treating skin psoriasis, so make a regular consultation with your doctor for proper monitoring of your condition.
- For long-term treatment in children, topical corticosteroids can cause skin thinning, that’s why it’s important to use the adequate amount of solution and duration of treatment. Normally, the side effect will go away when you stop using the solution.
Other side effects that may occur while on medication include:
- Skin irritation with symptoms of burning and itching.
- Allergic inflammation of the skin (contact dermatitis).
- Stretch marks (striae).
- Groupings of fine blood vessels becoming prominent under the skin (telangiectasia).
- Changes in skin pigmentation.
- Excessive hair growth (hypertrichosis).
If you are in any doubt about the treatment or experience any of the above side effects or any other side effect not mentioned in the list, stop using this product and inform your doctor or pharmacist.
How can Betacap Solution affect other medicines?
The Betacap Solution has no known effect to other medicines. However, inform your doctor or pharmacist if you’re taking other medicines for your existing medical condition including supplements and herbal medicines before you start with the treatment. This is to ensure that the combination of your medicines will not cause you harm or put you in danger.
If you are using other medicines or moisturizers on the same area of skin it is recommended that you leave several minutes between applying each product. This is to allow each product time to be absorbed and avoid them mixing on the skin.
How do I buy Betacap Solution online?
The product is a prescription-only medicine; therefore, it cannot be bought over the counter at a pharmacy without the necessary prescription from a doctor.
You can safely buy Betacap Solution at many online pharmacies. You will need to complete their online assessment with a medical doctor before your order will be supplied. This will ensure that Betacap Solution is the right medication for your medical condition.
All inclusive service
No hidden fees
Free Tracked Delivery
Delivered in plain packaging
Via our online consultation