- More effective than any other method
- Blocks the reception to nicotine in the brain
- Helps you quit smoking for good
- Genuine medication
- All drugs sourced in the UK
Out of stock
Champix works in the brain to reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms. The medication also decreases the pleasure that people get from smoking. It blocks the nicotine’s effects in your body.
What is Champix?
Varenicline, otherwise known by its trade name Champix and Chantix, is a drug that belongs to a group of medications called smoking cessation therapies. It’s a medication designed to treat withdrawal symptoms and reduce cravings. For people who smoke, the pleasure they experience in smoking is decreased when taking Champix. Other than being the generic name, Varenicline is also the active ingredient in Champix. This is a popular option for people who want to quit smoking, especially when nicotine replacement therapy has been proven to be inappropriate or ineffective. This medication should be used by adults who are already engaging in quit-smoking education or counseling.
Why do people smoke?
Smoking is an extremely addictive habit. People smoking pipes, cigars, or cigarettes inhale contain that can be found in the leaves of tobacco plants. Nicotine is a chemical that is highly addictive and toxic. It stimulates the messages that travel between the body and the brain. People who smoke do so to breathe in or taste the smoke, which has components of nicotine in it. The reason why nicotine is so effective is that it binds with certain receptors in your brain that helps trigger a release of feel-good neurotransmitter referred to as dopamine, which plays a key role in inciting pleasure for somebody. Once you’re done smoking and the nicotine leaves your system, then the dopamine levels also drop, which is what leads to withdrawal symptoms and heightened cravings.
However, it’s extremely detrimental to your health as it can cause different types of diseases and health issues. People who have smoked for a long time develop lung cancer or life-threatening conditions. The people surrounding them are also affected, especially when they inhale second-hand smoke. Tobacco can be inhaled through the mouth or nose, dissolved, sucked, or chewed. When people quit smoking, they lower the risk of developing lung disease, heart disease, and cancer.
It might be easy to start smoking but it is incredibly difficult to stop. It takes a lot of effort, paired with support from family and friends, counseling, and quit-smoking education for people to have a chance to stop smoking. They can also use Champix or Chantix to treat the withdrawal symptoms and reduce the cravings that will surely come. The reason why it’s so difficult to quit smoking is because of the effects that happen once they don’t get their usual fix. Accordingly, people who started smoking when they were teenagers are more likely to become life-long smokers.
How does Champix work?
The Varenicline in Champix targets the same receptors that the nicotine from the tobacco affects. It’s not exactly certain how Varenicline works but it’s effective in blocking out the nicotine in the body. As a result, you will experience a continual release of dopamine, not at the same intensity as nicotine, but it’s spread out throughout the entire day. Additionally, you experience fewer cravings and fewer withdrawal symptoms.
For people to quit smoking, the most effective combination of medication to use is Quitline and Champix.
What are the benefits of using Champix?
Champix is considered as one of the most popular and effective drugs in tackling a smoking addiction. For people who want to quit smoking, Champix is a reliable option. It’s an effective drug that helps people, especially when nicotine replacement theory is not appropriate any longer.
What are the side-effects of using Champix?
All drugs and medications incite side-effects in people. You should know what the most common ones are to ensure that what you’re experiencing has been experienced by other people. Some of these are mild while others are extreme. These side-effects have also been reported to be temporary or permanent. However, other not so common side-effects have also been reported, which should be looked out for, especially when it starts to worsen.
Here are the usual side-effects experienced by people using Champix:
- Difficulty in concentrating
- Passing gas
- Sleep disturbance
These side-effects are the most common ones but if they continue to happen and bother you constantly, then you should ask a doctor on what to do next. They will also give you advice on how to manage the severity of these side-effects.
The following side-effects aren’t as common but it should be a cause for alarm. When they aren’t given proper medical attention, then it can lead to serious problems. Below, you’ll find a list of serious side-effects:
- Changes in behavior
- Changes in mood
- Thoughts about harming each other
- Poor concentration
- Changes in weight
- Changes in sleep
- Decreased interest in activities
- Suicidal thoughts
Other more serious side-effects are a cause for alarm. When one or two of the following happens to you, then you should stop using the medication and immediately seek medical attention. Below, here is a list of the serious side-effects that you shouldn’t check to see if it will go away or not:
- Signs of a heart attack such as sudden chest pains, pain flaring down the back or arm, vomiting, nausea, sweating, anxiety, a sensation of tightness or pressure in the chest
- Signs of severe skin reactions such as blistering, peeling, rashes that cover a large area of the body, rashes that spread quickly, rashes that come with discomfort or fever
- Signs of a severe allergic reaction, such as swelling in the tongue, throat, lips, hands, or feet, hives, shortness of breath, a severe skin rash and rash with coughing, pain, fever, or headache
What should you know when taking this medication?
When consulting with a doctor to receive a prescription for Champix, you need to be aware of the precautions and warnings that come with it. You should inform them regarding any past and current medical issues, including any allergies you may have, any drugs you’re currently taking, if you’re pregnant and if you’re breastfeeding. Additionally, you should look out for the following factors, as they may affect the use of Champix:
- Alcohol may increase a person’s behavior changes or the development of mood disorders.
- Allergic reactions have been observed in people who suddenly develop allergies to the active ingredient in Champix.
- Behavior or mood changes have also been a common occurrence in people, even the ones who haven’t had a history of psychiatric disorder. People have reported experiencing aggressive or erratic behavior, depression, suicidal thoughts, and agitation.
- Diabetes is reportedly affected by Champix as some people with diabetes who are taking this medication have experienced sudden changes in their blood sugar levels. This is caused by removing nicotine from the body.
- Cardiovascular disease is directly affected by Champix. People experiencing cardiovascular-related side-effects are at risk of those side-effects increasing.
- Drowsiness or reduced alertness has been reported by people taking Champix. You should avoid driving, performing hazardous tasks, or operating machinery while you’re still under the effects of this medication.
- The kidney function is affected by Champix. Accordingly, this medication causes reduced kidney function or even the development of kidney disease. Talk to your doctor first before taking Champix, especially if you already have an existing kidney condition.
- Mental health problems may increase or be directly affected when taking Champix. For people with a history of mental problems like bipolar disorder, major depressive disorder, schizophrenia, then you should consult with your doctor first about how Champix will affect your medical condition.
- Nicotine withdrawal will still be experienced by people who are taking Varenicline.
- Seizures have also been reported by people under this medication. If you have a history of experiencing seizures, then you are at a greater risk. Make sure to speak to your doctor about how Champix will affect your medical condition and if you need any special monitoring.
How do you use Champix?
People using Champix typically start the medication by taking a 0.5 mg tablet once a day for the first three days. Then the dosage increases to 0.5mg twice a day or 1mg twice a day until the therapy is over. The maximum dosage of Champix is only 1mg twice in a single day.
In taking Champix, one should drink it with a full glass of water, usually after finishing a full meal. However, this medication doesn’t work as effectively and efficiently without the combination of quit-smoking education and counseling. You should also decide which approach to take when setting a date to quit smoking:
- The fixed quit approach – treatment starts with Champix 1 to 2 weeks before the exact date in which you quit smoking for good; the duration of the treatment should last 12 weeks.
- The flexible quit approach – you set the date to quit smoking approximately between the second and fifth week after using Champix; the duration of the treatment should continue for 12 weeks.
- The gradual quit approach – the end goal to quit smoking should happen after 12 weeks, with you taking Champix and gradually decreasing smoking.
What other drugs interfere with Champix?
Champix can be affected by other drugs that people are currently taking. It’s important to inform your doctor if you’re a heavy drinker or if you’re under medication for other diseases or conditions as well. In the following, you’ll find a list of factors that will interfere with how Champix works:
- H2-antagonists such as ranitidine, famotidine and cimetidine
- Nicotine replacement therapy
- Quinolone antibiotics such as levofloxacin, norfloxacin or ciproflaxacin
Other doses to certain medications may also need to be adjusted while you’re trying to stop smoking, as this has an adverse affect on how your body reacts to them. When you are smoke-free, make sure that the following dosages have changed:
Your doctor has the option to ask you to stop taking one of the medications while under the influence of Champix, change one medication to another, change how you are taking them in the first place or just leave everything as it is.
Where can you purchase Champix?
Champix is a prescription-only medication, which means you need to consult a doctor first before you can buy them from any local pharmacy or supermarket. However, because of the current pandemic, it can be difficult to leave the house and buy your necessary medicines. If this is the case for you, then you have the option to check out virtual pharmacies. Some virtual pharmacies offer online consultations with their doctors, making it easier for you to receive a prescription and present it online. When buying Champix, you have the option to choose between the following package sizes:
- 2-week starter pack
- 4-week starter pack
- 4-week continuation pack
- 8-week continuation pack
- 12-week continuation pack
All inclusive service
No hidden fees
Free Tracked Delivery
Delivered in plain packaging
Via our online consultation