- Fast acting relief from breathing problems
- Opens breathing passages
- Used to treat asthma and COPD
- Genuine medication
- All drugs sourced in the UK
Ventolin asthma inhaler is typically used to relieve asthma attacks or when the patient is experiencing difficulty in breathing. It contains the active ingredient Salbutamol which is fast-acting and is effective for treating symptoms of asthma. When inhaled, the drug relaxes the airways of the lungs which allows the person to breathe easier thus alleviating an acute asthmatic episode.
What is Ventolin
Ventolin is an inhaler used to treat symptoms that are caused by asthma and breathing problems like shortness of breath, coughing and wheezing. Ventolin is quick to process in the body as it has salbutamol (also known as albuterol) as a fast acting ingredient. The drug relaxes the airways of the patient, making the person breathe easier. It relaxes the muscles in the small airways of the lungs. As it opens up the airway, it makes the person breathe easier. A few puffs can relieve tightness in the chest for 6 hours. Salbutamol also works almost instantly.
How Salbutamol is consumed
Some salbutamol is available in forms of syrups, capsules or tablets for some patients that have a hard time using an inhaler. Salbutamol inhalers are commonly blue. Most people use the inhaler when they’re experiencing symptoms such as shortness of breath or chest tightness.
Ventolin HFA can be used for adults and children above 4 years old. It is not known whether HFA is safe for children below 4 years old but it’s recommended for older children. It is important to have your inhaler at all times, as you’ll never know when you’ll be feeling the symptoms.
It commonly comes in a blue case.
Take note that extreme heat environment will cause a Ventolin Inhaler to explode so make sure to keep it in a relatively cool compartment.
Instructions for using Ventolin Inhaler
Follow the instructions prescribed by the doctor and follow the exact instruction that comes from the packaging. Talk to your doctor if you have doubts about the medication. The device you use, whether it is a nebulizer or an inhaler, depends on your doctor.
Here are the proper instructions for using the Ventolin inhaler:
- Make sure to have the proper standing or sitting position for the salbutamol sulfate to enter your airway easily.
- Remove the mouthpiece cover by squeezing the sides with your thumb and forefinger.
- Shake the Ventolin inhaler at least four or five times.
- Hold the inhaler upright and make sure your thumb is on the base below the mouthpiece.
- Breathe out as far as you are comfortable.
- Put the mouthpiece into your mouth, right between your teeth, and close your lips around it.
- Inhale through your mouth and press on the top of the canister. Do this while you’re still breathing deeply and steadily.
- Hold your breath before removing the inhaler from your mouth.
- To take another puff, you need to wait for a minute and a half before repeating the same instructions.
In cleaning your Ventolin
It’s important to clean your Ventolin to make it last longer and for better effects. Below, you’ll find a step-by-step guide to clean your inhaler:
- Detach the metal canister from the plastic inhaler casing and remove the mouthpiece cover.
- Don’t let the metal canister come in contact with water as rust might develop.
- Run the blue plastic Ventolin inhaler casing under warm, running water.
- Afterwards, dry the plastic inhaler casing thoroughly with a dry cloth. Make sure to get it from inside and outside.
- Once it’s dry, put the metal canister back into the plastic casing.
- Try to test the inhaler out by spraying it a few times.
- The final step is to return the mouthpiece back to its rightful place.
Dosage for Ventolin
Ventolin is for inhalation only. Depending on the doctor’s prescription, some patients only need one inhalation every four hours. To prevent exercise-induced bronchospasm, adults mainly need to inhale twice thirty minutes before exercising.
Before using it for the first time, Ventolin needs to be primed first. Priming also needs to be done when the inhaler hasn’t been used for more than two weeks or when it’s been accidentally dropped a few times. Basically, priming refers to releasing four sprays into the air. Make sure that you’re spraying away from your face. After spraying, make sure to shake the canister well. Priming ensures that your spray is ready to use.
Because you need to closely follow the instructions of your doctor and of the packaging, there might be times were you’ll forget your dosage. Sticking to your schedule is very important but we can’t deny that you might forget a few times. When you miss a dosage, take one as soon as you remember. However, do not take it twice to make up for what you’ve missed as this can have negative effects on you.
Take note that you should never share or offer your inhaler to anybody. The Ventolin is prescribed only for your usage. Also, it’s important to not be exposed to certain irritants or allergens such as dust, smoke, pet dander, pollen and molds.
Before using Ventolin HFA, inform your doctor if you have allergies that Albuterol may contain. Also include if you have heart problems, high blood pressure or seizure. This drug may make you dizzy, which alcohol and marijuana would make you dizzier.
During pregnancy, only use the medication when needed. Talk to your doctor for risk and benefits.
While using Albuterol is beneficial, it leads to serious side effects listed below:
- Taste Alteration
- Sore Throat
- Irregular Pounding of Heartbeat
- Skin Rash
- Shortness of Breath
- Swelling of Mouth and Chest
- Increase of Heart Rate
Most of the severe side effects are rare. Contact your doctor if severe side effects persist. Keep in mind that your doctor prescribed this because they know that it will be more beneficiary to your health.
Ventolin and other drugs
It’s important to take note that you shouldn’t use Ventolin while you’re under effect from under other medications and drugs that treat asthma. Moreover, you should also inform your doctor if you’re under any medication that help regulate heartbeat. These might affect the overall effectivity of Ventolin so it’s important to discuss with your doctor before being prescribed with this medication.
Where to buy Ventolin
The Ventolin blue inhaler can be bought from regular pharmacies and virtual stores. Amidst the pandemic, you can order your inhaler and have it shipped to your address. But you need to make sure that the store you’re purchasing from is a legal and valid seller for medication and drugs. There are many stores out there that sell counterfeit products so you should always be careful of them.
All inclusive service
No hidden fees
Free Tracked Delivery
Delivered in plain packaging
Via our online consultation